Virtual Cocktail Week 2021
Thank you to everyone who took part in this year's Virtual Cocktail Week! Here is a recap on all the recipes we featured on our social media channels.
Love of Lychee by The Bank House
- 45ml WhataHoot Gin
- 15ml Lychee Liqueur
- 15ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- Lemon Sorbet 1 Scoop
- 10ml Sugar Syrup
- Rose Water
- Garnish: Rosebuds
- Glass: Coupettte
- Ice: None
- Add the first 5 ingredients into a shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and give a hard shake.
- Spritz a chilled coupette with the rose water.
- Double strain the cocktail into the coupette.
- Garnish with 3 rosebuds.
Basil Faulty By Archers
- 50ml Thomas Dakin Old Tom Gin (or your favourite dry gin)
- 15ml Green Chartruese (Don’t worry if you can’t get this, it tastes great without too!)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 25ml Basil Syrup
- Add all ingredients to a Shaker.
- Fill with ice to the top.
- Shake hard.
- Double Strain in glass.
- Top with basil leaf or Lime.
Basil Syrup Ingredients:
- 300g white sugar
- 1 bag of basil from the supermarket (chopped finely)
- Rind of half a lime (make sure white pith is removed) grated
Basil Syrup Method:
- Add all ingredients to a jar. Mix gently and let infuse for 24 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Add 300ml of water to a non-reactive sauce pot ( a non-reactive pan is usually ceramic but any sauce pan will do if not). Bring to a boil. Turn heat off.
- Add the sugar mix to the water and stir until dissolved.
- Let it Cool.
- Strain through cheese cloth or fine mesh sieve into a clean sterile glass bottle (alternatively a coffee filter works great if you want a truly pure syrup with no residue).
- Use within 5 days.
- If you have been baking a lot during lockdown, drizzle it over some lemon drizzle cake to use it up.
Strawberry Swing By Duke's Head
- 35ml Morgans Spiced
- 1 good size strawberry
- 15ml grenadine
- 2 lemon wedges
- 50ml pineapple juice
- A dash of honey
- 15ml sugar syrup
- Muddle a strawberry in the bottom of a shaker with the juice from the lemon.
- Add the other ingredients to the shaker and shake hard for 10 seconds.
- Single strain the contents to a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and half a strawberry.
Hoot Tini By WhataHoot
- 50ml WhataHoot Navy Strength Gin
- 25ml Dry Vermouth
- Blackberry Jam
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini Glass
- Chill glass by adding ice cubes and set aside.
- Add ice cubes, Navy Gin, Dry Vermouth and a teaspoon of Blackberry Jam.
- Shake hard for around 7 secs.
- Discard ice from glass.
- Pour cocktail through strainer into glass.
Vodka & Cola By WhataHoot
- 30ml WhataHoot Signature V Vodka
- Artisan Barrel Smoked Cola
- Glass of your choice
Gin & Tonic By WhataHoot
- 35ml WhataHoot Tawny Orange Gin
- Franklin and Sons Rhubarb with Hibiscus Tonic Water
- Glass of your choice
Reggae Rum Punch By Soul Café
- 20ml of Grenadine
- 25ml dark rum
- 25ml white rum
- 50ml orange juice
- 50ml mango juice
- Tropical fruit or orange slices
- Add Grenadine in the base of cocktail glass.
- Fill glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker add dark rum, white rum, orange juice, mango juice and some ice.
- Give a good shake and using a strainer pour into the prepared Cocktail glass.
- This can then be garnished as you like, preferably with tropical fruit or orange slices.
Iced Blue Sea By Soul Café
- 25ml of coconut rum
- 25ml of Blue Curaçao
- 100ml of pineapple juice
- 2 scoops of ice
- Similar to a Daiquiri, add 2 scoops of ice to a blender.
- Add coconut rum, Blue Curaçao & pineapple juice.
- Blend until it is like a thick slushie/smoothie.
- You may need to add more pineapple juice or Blue Curaçao depending on your tastes and how BLUE you want your Iced Sea to be.
The Quarantini By The Wenns
- 60ml WhataHoot Vodka
- 15ml Dry Vermouth
- 15ml Cointreau
- 15ml WhataHoot Tawny Orange Gin
- 15ml Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- Crushed Ice
- To garnish: Orange Slice
- Add all your liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker 2/3 filled with Ice.
- Shake it vigorously until frosty on the outside.
- Strain and pour into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a twist of orange.
Using a chilled glass and chilled ingredients makes a more refreshing drink. Try using a citrus flavoured Vodka to suite your own taste, or even take out the fresh orange juice if you want the alcohol to come through more.