We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal data about you. When we do so we are subject to the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to make additional services / products available or to provide access to more in depth information about certain products, services or events. Those third-party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to those third-party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
Personal Data That May Be Collected About You
We collect personal data in the ways described below. Where applicable, we will indicate why personal data is collected.
· Personal data provided by you
We may ask you to provide certain personal data (e.g. name, email address, post code) when you sign up to our Discover Local mailing list, when you enter our competitions or when you register interest in our projects and initiatives.
If registering for or expressing an interest in taking part in one of our events or business projects, we will collect personal data at the point of registration (e.g. name, organisation and email address). This data is used for event registration, further communication about the event or project, and on-the-day event administration.
· Personal data obtained via automated means – e.Cookies
When you use the service, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website (via Google Analytics) to better understand how you interact with our site and to compile statistical reports on website activity. This data assists us in improving the delivery of our services.
You can set your browser to remove or disable cookies by following your web browsers help file directions.
How We May Use Your Personal Data
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason, e.g
· Where you have given consent
· To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
· For the performance of a contract with you to take steps at your request before entering into a contract, or
· For our legitimate interests or those of a third party
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your personal data, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests. We will carry out an assessment when relying on legitimate interests, to balance our interests against your own.
We may use the personal data we obtain from or about you for a variety of purposes, including:
· To send communications about Discover King’s Lynn services
· To send communications about promotions, events and competitions taking place within King’s Lynn Town Centre
· To send news updates about King’s Lynn Town Centre
· To respond to your questions, queries or comments
· To provide you with the best user experience possible
· To communicate with you regarding updates to our services
How we Share Your Personal Data
We may disclose the personal data we collect about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected, including with:
· Our service providers who perform services on our behalf. Currently, our service providers include only our ecommunication provider, Mailchimp.
· If we are required to disclose personal data about you by law or legal process, in response to a request from court, law enforcement authorities, or government officials, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
· Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
· Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
· Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
· Not to subject to decisions without human involvement – the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affects you. We do not make any such decisions based on data collected on our website.
· The right to withdraw consents – if you have provided us with a consent to use your personal data you have a right to withdraw that consent easily at any time. Withdrawing a consent will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal data in reliance on that consent before it was withdrawn.
· You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
Data Security and Data Retention
We maintain appropriate and adequate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect personal data and other information disclosed or collected by us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
We review, monitor and evaluate our privacy practises and protections on a periodic basis. We are not responsible for any errors made by individuals in submitting personal data to us.
We delete your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it.
Your personal data will not be transferred to any third parties or countries.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from young people under 18 years of age and we do not target our services to young people under 18 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a young person under 18 years of age, we will make reasonable commercial efforts to delete such information.
How to complain
Please contact us if you have any queries or concerns about our use of your personal data (see below ‘How to Contact Us’. We hope we will be able to resolve any issues you may have.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner
The UK’s Information Commissioner may be contacted using the details at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint or by telephone 0303 123 1113
How to Contact Us
When contacting us please:
· Provide enough information to identify yourself and any additional information we may reasonably request from you, and
· Let us know which right(s) you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates
· By email: email@example.com
· By Post: Discover King’s Lynn, C/O Mapus-Smith & Lemmon, 48 King Street, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1HE